What is the message of the cartoon story?
Have a good close look at the following piece of artwork. What do you notice? How does it link to mathematics you ask yourself?
Well start by looking at the shapes.
How many different shapes can you identify?
How many of each shape can you find?
What are some distinguishing features of some of the shapes?
1/2 Images of God on PhotoPeach
Students were interviewed to share their thought about Contemporary Tools. That is, computers, blogs, iPads, computer programs, Mathletics, Spellodrome, Reading eggs just to name a few.
What do you think?
Joseph and the Coat of Many Colours
Watch the following video and then answer the following questions.
1. What was Jacob?
2. Who was the latest edition to the family?
3. What work did the brothers have to do?
4. How did the brothers feel about Joseph? What evidence is there?
5. Describe the dream that Joseph had? What happened?
6. What was the ‘present’ that Jacob gave to his son? Describe
7. Describe the 2nd dream that Joseph has?
8. What did Joseph’s brothers call him, when he approached the field?
9. How do you think Joseph felt with the way that his brother’s treated him?
10. What did the brother’s want to do to Joseph?
Dog does dirty dishes!!
Look at the picture below and create an alliterating sentence using between 3-5 words that depicts what is happening.
An example: Enjoyable, enthusiastic, elephant exercising
JESUS CLEANSING THE LEPER
As a family watch the following clip. Once it has finished, discuss what the moral of the story is and write several lines on this post explaining your thoughts.
This week students do not have a blogging activity to complete. I am though ‘posting’ what the expectation for homework is for week 6, due on the 29/8/12.
1. Students have been given new Mathletics tasks, one for each night.
2. Religion focus – Students are to trace their hand on a page in their homework book (students may also like to trace their parents’ hand). They then need to ask each person in their family to write on each finger how they show love and care for each other. Students can then decorate their page with pictures of their family.
What a SWELL Day!