As part of our SEL unit, we started talking about things that we like and dislike. After some discussion and a short survey, this is what we found out. We used the Web2 tool ‘Create a Graph’ to graph data.
Create a chart
ANSWER the following questions. If you can think of another question, please add it to your comment.
1. Which activity was ‘liked’ the most?
2. Which activity was ‘liked’ the least?
3. Which two ‘liked’ activities are very close?
4. What does the ‘liked’ yellow bar represent?
5. Which two ‘disliked’ activities has a difference of 2?
6. Which activity was ‘disliked’ the most?
7. 26 students disliked these activities. What might they be?
8. What was ‘disliked’ the least?
After learning about two dimensional shapes, students had to use a key to create a picture of themselves using various shapes. Please tell us what you think about our monsters!!!
SEL Homework Task:
Answer the question, “What Does It Mean to be HEALTHY?”
MATHS – TARGET NUMBER
Use the above number relevant for your grade and try to make the target by:
1. adding two numbers
2. subtracting two numbers
3. adding three numbers
4. adding and subtracting
5. starting with a number greater than 10 (for grade 1s) and 100 (for grade 2s).
6. starting with 5
7. using the easiest way
8. using the hardest way.
The Picture Key
HOW DOES THE PICTURE BELOW, RELATE TO MATHEMATICS?
1. Give at least five reasons for how this picture relates to Maths.
2. Write three Maths questions you could ask somebody about this picture.