As part of our SEL unit, we started talking about things that we like and dislike. After some discussion and a short survey, this is what we found out. We used the Web2 tool ‘Create a Graph’ to graph data.
ANSWER the following questions. If you can think of another question, please add it to your comment.
1. Which activity was ‘liked’ the most?
2. Which activity was ‘liked’ the least?
3. Which two ‘liked’ activities are very close?
4. What does the ‘liked’ yellow bar represent?
5. Which two ‘disliked’ activities has a difference of 2?
6. Which activity was ‘disliked’ the most?
7. 26 students disliked these activities. What might they be?
8. What was ‘disliked’ the least?
What is the message of the cartoon story?
Why are your grandparents special?
Please click on the ART page to view our Sgraffito artwork. Enjoy!
After watching this short clip answer the following questions.
1. What is Ormie trying to do?
2. What values are evident? Give examples.
3. How would YOU solve the problem if you were Ormie?
After learning about two dimensional shapes, students had to use a key to create a picture of themselves using various shapes. Please tell us what you think about our monsters!!!
Have a good close look at the following piece of artwork. What do you notice? How does it link to mathematics you ask yourself?
Well start by looking at the shapes.
How many different shapes can you identify?
How many of each shape can you find?
What are some distinguishing features of some of the shapes?