Oil Pastels and Baby Oil

Last week grade 1/2 students made a still life using oil pastels.

Once finished, they used baby oil to blend theย colours together.

What do you think? Have you tried using baby oil on art pieces before? If so, when and what was completed?

7 thoughts on “Oil Pastels and Baby Oil

1. hi mrs tomazos, I like the art because we have to use 2 things oil pastels and baby oil.

2. Hi Mrs Tomazos,
    I think they did a great job! ๐Ÿ˜‰
    I think I have used baby oil, but I cant remeber how it went.

Maddie.c

3. Hi Mrs Tomazos!
    I have painted a still life before and I really enjoyed it. I don’t remember using baby oil, but from what I can see it blended the colours really well. Do you think everyone enjoyed painting still life’s?
    Elena ๐Ÿ˜‰

4. Hi mrs tomazos i really like the art that you are learing.I really love all the colours.Next time you can put up all the one 2 pictures of their art but otherwise its really good i was wondering who is the artist to the art work that you made? ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

5. Hello grade 1/2,
    I have made a painting using baby oil and it was a painting of a butterfly. It must have been fun. Now I feel like going home and using it again.

Alisha

6. Hi Mrs Tomazos,
    I can see the grade 1/2 had fun doing their artwork. I looks really good I liked how you mixed oil pastels and baby oil together ๐Ÿ™‚ What was most fun about doing this artwork?

7. Wow! Those 1/2s sure are talented! I mean, look at the detail they’ve put into their work. You have some very clever students Mrs. Tomazos. Let me ask you all: What was fun about creating your masterpiece?